The church gets to tell powerful stories every single week. Furthermore, as creatives we harness a craft that can cut through the noise of culture and invite people into God’s greater story in incredible ways. In this pre-conference workshop, you’ll study the arc of story, the filmmaking process from storyboarding to final export, and the various techniques that go into phenomenal storytelling. This class will cover narrative-based story and will also include practical ways to use conflict and resolve in testimonial videos and highlights to better engage your community.
- What does it mean to be a storyteller?
- Demystify the process of storytelling and filmmaking
- Walk into the next story and answer 3 questions
- Why is this a good story to tell?
- How are we going to tell it?
- What tools are we going to use to connect this story to an audience?
- Module 1 (Current Video)
- Module 2– What is a Storyteller?
- Module 3– Developing a Storyteller’s Point of View
- Module 4– “The Light of Failure” [Case Study]
- Module 5– Thought Process Over Production Process
- Module 6– “Brent and Elizabeth’s Story” [Case Study]
- Module 7– Developing a Story
- Module 8– 3 Essential Elements of the Story
- Module 9– Assess the Story
- Module 10– Framing up a Story
- Module 11– The Interview
- Module 12– “Krista’s Story” [Case Study]
- Module 13– Storytelling Resources and Downloads
- Module 14– Filmmaking Overview
- Module 15– Production in Filmmaking
- Module 16– Dialing In and Matching Cameras
- Module 17– Shooting B-Roll
- Module 18– Useful Apps for Filmmakers
- Module 19– Post-Production
- Module 20– Final Observation on Storytelling
PRODUCER’S NOTE: Apologies for the low audio quality during the first 1:30 minutes of the video.