There’s a common narrative in local church ministry, and we hear it over and over again. It’s a story of staff members who’ve become confused and dismayed after viewing the behind-the-scenes realities of church-work firsthand. It not only affects our views of ministry, but also our perspectives of the Christian faith itself. And after all the years Gary and Stephen spent in full-time pastoral ministry, their experiences should have led them to become jaded toward church, and even toward the faith. But they haven’t. They’re actually more hopeful than ever before. Join them as they discuss the factors at play in our current church culture, as they engage in honest and unedited conversations that might seem off-limits.
In this workshop, you’ll answer:
- Do I serve in a toxic church?
- Does my pastor hate me?
- Should I stay or should I go?
- How can I leave well and help others to do the same?
- What should my response be to bad leaders?
- What is my main responsibility as a leader?
with Gary Molander & Stephen Brewster
- Segment 1 – Know Your Identity
- Segment 2 – Find Balance
- Segment 3 – Set Boundaries
- Segment 4 – Culture
- Segment 5 – Make Hard Decisions
- Segment 6 – Q&A