There is an innate desire inside of each of us to create. Whether a song, a work of art, a film, a blueprint or a business strategy, we long to build something more. Yet, oftentimes the church is not known for what we create, but rather what we consume and criticize. Now is the time to reclaim our rightful place as co-creators with Christ and bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. If not now, when? There will be a time of discussing the readings, The Word, and then applying the principles to redesign/define our creative process.
*It is highly recommended that you read “Called to Create: A Biblical Invitation to Create, Innovate, and Risk” by Jordan Raynor before attending this session. We will utilize excerpts/texts from this book and the Bible for the first half of our time together.
- Explore and establish the foundational principles of co-creating
- Deconstruct the current model of “creating” in/for church
- Discover making, ideating, and creating processes that work for you
- Collaborate, in a team setting, on ways to reimagine creating in your community
- Develop a creative strategy to nurture and engage your inner artist and creatives in your community
- Apply creative strategies through hands-on experience of making
- Present your creations, findings, thoughts, and ideas.