Music is an effervescent part of church culture – giving lyrics and melody to the truths we garner from scripture. However, behind the music that moves us are writers and artists who feed their families with the pennies received from the songs they spend their lives writing. This workshop explores where licensing lies between the church and the music.
- Basic overview of the business structure of the music industry.
- Identify what licensing is needed and when in the church is using music.
- Learn who are the players and processes who can help you when you’re using.
- Question and answer session regarding licensing hurdles in the music industry as it pertains to church uses.
This class is also available in shorter segments for ease of use. Click the links below to view each segment:
- Class Introduction
- Segment 1 – Overview of Licensing
- Segment 2 – Q&A (current session)