Collaborative writing is responsible for some of the biggest songs in music, all genres. While it is easier said than done – the art of collaborative writing not only gives a song more legs, it also builds each songwriter individually as a creative, collaborator, and person. In this session we will discuss the beauty and benefits of collaborative songwriting with other artists/songwriters as well as members of your local church music department.
- Embrace the definition of “collaborate”.
- Do’s and don’ts while writing with others
- When should you start collaborative songwriting?
- How many writers is too many?
This class is also available in shorter segments for ease of use. Click the links below to view each segment:
- Class Introduction
- Segment 1 – Collaboration (current session)
- Segment 2 – Writers, Honor, and Relationships
- Segment 3 – Q&A